Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let Love In

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
- 1 John 4:16
 
God is Love. It says it right there in the Bible. God defines love and love defines God. God loves us so much that when He made us, He gave us the ability to make our own choice whether or not we choose to love Him back. To me, that is true love. You can’t force someone to love you.

For me there is no doubt that I love God with all of my heart and that I would be lost without Him. The problem I have sometimes is loving myself. Ever since I was younger I’ve had this problem. Physically I look fine and I constantly have a smile on my face, so you would never know there is anything wrong with me. The problem’s on the inside. Even though I have a group of people that I know love me completely, I still feel like I’m not good enough or that I’m not worth it sometimes. My fiancé and one of my best friends know this about me. Luckily, whenever they used to see me slipping into that ocean of self-pity they would sing me the song “Just the Way you Are” by Bruno Mars. Then one day my friend really explained it to me in a way that I could understand. She said, “Imagine God singing this song to you!”
In one of the lines, the song says “Her eyes make the stars look like they’re not shinning. Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying. She’s so beautiful and I tell her every day”. The song goes on to say “You’re amazing just the way you are”. Those words still to this day make me smile because I know this is the way my God feels about me.
God doesn’t make mistakes. God planned for us before we were even born. Every aspect about our looks and personality God personally hand crafted. I’m not going to lie sometimes a little voice in the back of my mind still whispers “You’re not good enough. No one will ever really love you”, but now I can push that voice away because I know it’s a lie. Not only do I have an amazing man, family, and friends that love me, I have God who loves me more than I could ever imagine.
A few Sundays ago my pastor said, “Jesus died for ALL of us. That means if you were the only person on Earth you have to believe that Jesus still would have died on the cross just for you”. I believe that with all my heart. I will never again let anyone, not even myself, say that I’m not good enough or that I’m not loved because I have God who created everything beautiful in this world, who also created me and loves me unconditionally, forever and ever, amen.
If you’re feeling down, please listen to the song below and know that God is singing those words to you. Also, open up the Bible and read how many times and in how many ways God tells us and shows us that He loves us.

Thank you God for filling my life with LOVE and making me just the way I am!

- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment