Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Indescribable

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
- Isaiah 40:12

I have always known that I serve a big God, but it wasn't until yesterday that I truly realized how big He is and how very small I actually am. Last night for church we watched the movie Indescribable featuring speaker Louie Giglio and what I saw opened my eyes.

Have you ever had that moment when you look up at the stars and feel so small compared to the vast universe all around you? Well trust me, it's so much vaster than I ever imagined. Below is an image shown in the movie Indescribable.


This photo is called "The Pale Blue Dot". See that small speck in the beam of light to the right? That's us... that's Earth from 3.7 billion miles away. Talk about feeling small.

At first I really wasn't a fan of this feeling. Then I started thinking, out of the entire universe that God created, long ago He chose to come to our pale blue dot. He chose to come to the Earth He made and die on a cross for our sins. Out of all the universe, He chose us as His children. I don't know about you, but I've never felt so loved.

Approximately 31 million light years away is the Whirlpool Galaxy.


At the center of this galaxy is this...


The Hubble telescope took this photo of the X Structure at the core of the Whirlpool Galaxy. To me this just reminds me that God is everywhere. He is in all of creation. I can look at a sunset or at this photo or into my husband's eyes and know that God made it all and He's in it all. He is at the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy and at the very center of each one of us. God is my Father, my Savior, He is amazing... there are not enough words to describe or praise Him. Our God is truly indescribable.

- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment